Monday, May 14, 2007

Picking the Right Radio Fit for Your Advertising Scratch

I'm spending part of my Monday making calls to radio stations in the Triad to get quotes on advertising rates for a non-profit agency that recently received funding from the Carolinas Credit Union Foundation. Luckily, I know the market pretty well, so my list is pretty short. But it got me to wondering if radio station ratings in other markets were available anywhere online.

One swift Google search later, I know the answer is yes! RadioandRecords.com lists 299 US radio markets, with easy clicks to get the data for the individual markets. This data is pretty current, and lists the rating information for most of the stations from what I can tell. In addition, the site lists the format of the radio stations - which may further help you deduce good advertising prospects.

In North Carolina, you'll find data for the following radio markets: Charlotte, Raleigh/Durham, Triad, Asheville, Wilmington, Fayetteville, Greenville/New Bern/Washington, and Rocky Mount.

At any rate, the link to the site is: http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRRatings/DefaultSearch.aspx?ShowAll=yes. If anyone is aware of other ratings sources, feel free to pass them along.

No comments: